Posted 19 October 2020
Open until filled
Orange Community of Christ Congregation
Bachelors degree, preferred Seminary experience or willingness to engage in further education.
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Summary of Position
This locally-funded position will be an essential part of a leadership team focused on integrating all aspects of congregational life around living and sharing Christ’s message and mission today. This integration includes working closely with the leadership team to develop consensus around shared vision, mission, and outcomes that build on the foundation already established. In addition, it will be essential to work closely with members and friends to expand the base of participation, ministry, and future leadership to support the ministries of the congregation. This position will model Christ’s invitation and hospitality by developing meaningful relationships and partnerships with ecumenical, interfaith, and other organizations seeking to alleviate physical and spiritual suffering in our community. This position will support an environment of discernment, deep listening, and experimentation with leadership and members of the congregation.
- Support and/or participate in all Orange Congregation ministries, including but not limited to:
- Regular community conversation and shared discernment
- Congregational life activities
- Youth and children ministries
- Spiritual formation
- Pastoral care for all ages
- Coordinate and communicate community/neighborhood events including Neighborhood Grill, Free-4-All, the Orange Run Club, Neighborhood Study Group, Peace Camp, Trunk or Treat, Christmas Dinner, and other opportunities that emerge.
- Develop and nurture relationships with community partners and ecumenical/interfaith groups.
- Work with the Facilities Team to maintain a hospitable campus and maintenance schedule, and maintain a strong partnership with Rossier Elementary School and Spectrum Schools, Orange’s primary tenant.
- Communicate regularly with Orange Leadership Team.
- Communicate regularly with congregation members via weekly emails, website updates, etc.
- Provide frequent preaching and teaching ministry in alignment with Community of Christ identity, message, mission, and beliefs (i.e., IMMB).
- Help form disciples and priesthood to share ministry that is aligned with our IMMB.
- Provide leadership and support to worship planning as a key formational experience that brings renewal, vision, and response.
- Establish both office hours and a regular weekly ministry schedule.
- Seek to empower young adults and other emerging leaders by deepening relationships, and fostering creative spiritual development.
- Attend monthly PSI Mission Center staff meetings for information sharing and mutual collegial support.
- Attend and participate in PSI Mission Center Conferences, Reunions, and other activities as determined in consultation with Orange Leadership Team.
- Provide leadership and support to intentional disciple formation (includes spiritual formation) that leads to new insights and ways to live Christ’s message and mission.
- Cultivate a mutually supportive and accountable leadership team environment by creating an environment of discernment, setting clear agendas, and establishing clear outcomes, timeframes, and responsibilities.
- Ability to foster an invitational environment in the congregation theologically grounded and trained in Community of Christ
- Ability to connect with all ages
- Leader who values discernment, team orientation, communicates well, empowers, and is receptive and thoughtfully responsive to feedback.
- Spiritual leadership, including facilitating personal development with spiritual practices
- Visionary, and able to invite others to encounter an ever-evolving and growing community identity.
- Exhibits self-awareness, empathy, and high level of emotional intelligence
Employee is required to be a registered youth worker with Community of Christ or be able to register within 30 days of hire date.
Email letter of interest and resume to Orange Community of Christ.