Ownership and Use of Site Content and Intellectual Property
All material found on the Website (including, but not limited to, visuals, text, icons, graphics, images, data, audio and video, software, and code) (“Materials”) is owned by the Owner or third-party licensors. The Owner and/or third-party licensors retain all proprietary rights to the Materials, including all intellectual property rights associated therewith (e.g., copyrights, trademarks, and trade dress).
You may view, download, and print the Materials from the Website only for your personal, noncommercial use unless otherwise indicated.
You may not post, transmit or distribute the Materials on or to another website or computer network without our permission. You may not use the Website or information found at the Website (including the names and addresses of those who have submitted information) to sell or promote products or services or to solicit clients or for any other commercial purpose. You may not sell, modify, reproduce, display, publicly perform, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute or otherwise use the materials in any way other than a permitted use without first obtaining the written permission of the Owner. You must retain all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices contained in the original Materials on any copy you make of the Materials. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose all or any portion of the Website. You may not use any meta tags or any other similar hidden text utilizing the Community of Christ name or trademarks.
Code of Conduct and Prohibited Activities
You may not do any of the following while using the website:
- Upload messages, information, data, text, software, graphic files or other materials that are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or otherwise objectionable or that may invade another’s privacy;
- Upload any materials that violate or infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or any intellectual property right, or materials that you do not have a right to upload under law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- Interfere with or disrupt networks connected to the Website or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website, computer systems or networks connected to the Website, through password mining or any other means;
- Individually, or as part of any collective effort, submit or post information to the Website that could be deemed harmful or offensive to other users;
- Upload Materials that contain a virus, worm, corrupted file, or other harmful program or component;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, employees of the Owner or related entities, volunteers or elected representatives or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent any affiliation with any such person or entity, or upload any materials under a fictitious name;
- Upload any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, contests, surveys, or any other form of solicitation (commercial or non-commercial); or
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate or encourage or assist another to violate any law or regulation in connection with your use or another's use of the Website.
You are welcome to link to our Website content subject to the following guidelines and conditions when doing so:
- You may not infer or imply that Community of Christ or its related organizations, endorses, sponsors or otherwise approves of or sponsors your website or any other website.
- You may not frame, display, or alter any Material from the Website, or our webpages directly, in any way that obscures our banners or site navigation graphics. The presentation of the Materials linked to must make it readily apparent that the content is the property of the Owner or its entities and related organizations.
- You may not duplicate content (including graphics and/or photos) from the Website or any other related website, and present such on your website in such a manner as to lead users to believe that the content is yours and not the property of the Owner.
- You may use text-based links using the words: “Community of Christ” or “cofchrist.org” but you may not use the Owner’s logo or trademarks on your website unless permitted by law or by express permission from Owner.
- The Owner has no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your website. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Owner and its affiliates and their officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all third-party claims, liability, actions, demands, costs or expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable legal and accounting fees) arising from or relating to your website. The Owner reserves the right to defend any such claim and you agree to provide the Owner with such reasonable cooperation as it may request.
- By linking to the Website, you acknowledge and agree that all rights to the Owner’s marks and logos belong to the Owner. In addition, you acknowledge the validity of the Owner’s ownership in the marks and logos and will not contest such ownership or the validity of any registrations of the Owner relating to such marks and logos.
- You agree that use of the marks and logos shall inure to the benefit of the Owner.
You are prohibited from using the Owner’s marks or logos or any names, marks or other materials in a manner that is likely to cause confusion with, dilute or damage the reputation or image of the Owner.
- The Owner reserves the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to the Web Site from your website.
Links to Third-Party Sites
Submission of Content
Any comments, feedback, notes, messages, ideas, suggestions or other communications (collectively, "Comments") you submit to the Owner on, through or via the Website is the exclusive property of the Owner. The Owner is entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, publish and distribute any Comments for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. For this reason, we ask that you do not send any Comments that you do not wish to assign to the Owner, including any confidential information or any original creative materials such as stories, product ideas, computer code or original artwork.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Missouri, United States of America, as applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within the state, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. Any action you bring to enforce this agreement or any matters related to this site shall be brought in either the state or federal courts located in Jackson County, Missouri, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. If any provision of this agreement is unlawful, void, or unenforceable in whole or in part, the remaining provisions shall not be affected, unless we determine that the invalid or unenforceable provision is an essential term to the agreement, in which case we may at our sole discretion amend the agreement.
Limitations of Liability
THE MATERIALS AT THIS SITE AND ANY LINKED SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED AT THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
“Community of Christ,” “Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints,” and “RLDS” are trademarks of Owner or its affiliates.
Questions and Copyright Requests
Community of Christ
Attn: Office of General Counsel
1001 W. Walnut
Independence, MO 64050 USA
The content on this webpage was last updated on 11 November 2014.