- Stories must not exceed 350 words.
- Write from your own context to a global audience. People from around the world subscribe to Daily Bread. Be mindful of culturally specific references and images.
- Write in your own voice, as a representative of Community of Christ. Daily Bread is a ministry of Community of Christ, which seeks to embody the identity, message, mission, and beliefs of the church through diverse expression of voices and stories.
- Writing must be your own work, using only very general paraphrases of copyrighted materials, if at all. The sources of any specific quotes must be referenced in detail.
- The Daily Bread editing team chooses the photo, scripture, and spiritual practice. You do not need to include these with your story, but you are welcome to suggest a scripture if it has relevance for your story.
- All material submitted is subject to editing and approval and will be copyrighted by Community of Christ for use including, but not limited to, print, film, electronic media, and reproduction or digital representation on the internet.
- You may consider submitting stories, poetry, or reflections.
Consider these questions as prompts for sharing your story with the Daily Bread community.
- When have you been most aware of the presence of God?
- How has your image or experience of God changed over time?
- How have you experienced growth in your spiritual journey?
- When have you been surprised by the Spirit?
- What sustains you in difficult or uncertain times?
- When have you witnessed the Enduring Principles or Mission Initiatives in action?
- How have you been formed through the themes and invitations of the Christian Seasons (Advent, Lent, Easter, Epiphany, Pentecost, Ordinary Time)?