In May 2022, Community of Christ conducted a survey for those under the age of fifty who had an affinity with the church. The purpose of the survey was to seek a better understanding of their connection points and the ways participants might choose to engage with and support Community of Christ.
- 1,074 people participated in the survey
- 79 percent of the respondents were under the age of fifty
- 32 percent were male, 63 percent female, 2 percent nonbinary, 3 percent preferred not to answer
- 79 percent of the respondents lived in the United States, 21 percent were from outside the USA
- 85 percent considered themselves to be members of Community of Christ, 15 percent did not
- Those in the age group eighteen to thirty-four reported looking for community and yearning for a sense of belonging.
- 47 percent of those under fifty attend a mix of online and in-person church activities.
- 94 percent of respondents have given financially to the church with at least half of those under fifty preferring online giving methods.
- Younger audiences report connection to activities focused on:
- Fighting poverty and needless suffering throughout the world
- Community service opportunities
- Social justice issues
- Networking and small groups
- For those under fifty, the preferred method for seeking information about religious or spiritual organizations is online either through a website or social media.
Additional information about the survey and the ways Community of Christ will engage with this information is provided in an online report.