Open until filled
Bachelor’s Degree in History or related field preferred
Historic Sites Team Lead
Number of Hours per Week: 24-32
Summary of Position
Volunteer Team Lead oversees day-to-day operations of Joseph Smith III’s Liberty Hall, a Community of Christ historic site in Lamoni, Iowa. On-site housing and utilities are provided.
- Oversees day-to-day operations of Joseph Smith III’s Liberty Hall
- Supervises maintenance/housekeeping volunteer
- Recruits, trains and supervises historical interpreters
- Oversees site security
- Manages site budget
- Coordinates scheduling of tours and barn events
- Oversees cataloging and care of site artifacts
- Represents site in the community
- Oversees programming
- Publicizes and promotes site
- Customer Focus
- Business Acumen
- Motivating Others
- Integrity and Trust
- Leadership Skills
- Volunteer management
- Presentation Skills
- Building Effective Teams
- Priority Setting
Yes-one onsite maintenance/housekeeping volunteer and numerous volunteer historical interpreters
Please note that this job description in not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned when necessary.
Registered Youth Worker/Anti-harassment Training: New employees and volunteers are required to be a registered youth worker with Community of Christ or be able to register within 30 days of hire date. Anti-harassment training is also required within 30 days of hire and then required annually.
Complete the World Church Employee Application.