The Presiding Bishopric has released the December 2021 Financial Update. In this update, you’ll find important information about mission tithes, Bridge of Hope Tithes, and financial projections and trends.
A few highlights:
- In September, the World Church Finance Board approved the 2020 independent audit report (available in English only) for Community of Christ and consolidated affiliates. A summary can be reviewed online.
- Thanks to the generosity of many, Worldwide Mission Tithes are projected to be within the 2021 goal range of $11.7 - $12.7 million.
- As of 30 November 2021, the church had raised $94.2 million toward the $120 million Bridge of Hope retirement responsibility goal.
- Over 710 individuals and families generously supported Giving Tuesday on 30 Nov with $676,432 for Worldwide Mission tithes including $295,000 of matching contributions.
- In 2021, leaders are guided by feedback received from two USA surveys related to generosity and funding local and worldwide mission and services.
- On December 4, 2021, the World Church Finance Board approved the 2022 Worldwide Mission Budget continuing ministries and services provided in 2021. The 2022 budget is based on at least $11.06 million for Worldwide Mission Tithes in 2022.
- There’s still time to support worldwide mission in 2021. Make a year-end gift to Worldwide Mission Tithes.
Read the entire financial update.