Respond in the Generosity of the Season
December marks our celebration and contemplation of the birth of Jesus, Son of the Living God, Savior of the world. As we continuously receive this gift of God’s boundless love, we are set free for lives of responsible stewardship.
As we grow in our discipleship, we develop a deepening sense of what it means to follow Christ and our capacity for doing so. We respond by generously offering our whole lives in service to Christ’s mission, including sharing generously, saving wisely, and spending responsibly.
Please prayerfully consider your true capacity for giving to Christ’s mission. What financial gift can you offer to the ministry of Jesus Christ at the end of 2013? What giving goals can you hope to meet for the coming year?
In October, contributors around the world gave an estimated $850,000 in mission tithes for worldwide ministries. That put tithing at $3,625,000 toward the 2014 fiscal year tithing goal of $15,420,000. Just four months into the fiscal year we were more than $1 million behind where we need to be to fully support the Mission Initiatives. Learn about ways you can give at www.CofChrist.org/give.
Your generous giving is transforming lives as funds meet ministries like these:
- Invite People to Christ: Easter in Paris, France, offered a rich opportunity to invite guests for worship focused on discussing our Basic Beliefs, scriptures, singing, and Communion.
- Abolish Poverty, End Suffering: Aid in response to floods in Colorado, and storms and flooding in India and the Philippines is helping people recover from natural disasters.
- Pursue Peace on Earth: Live webcast of the December 15 Advent service from the Temple creates an opportunity to worship together as a worldwide church, inviting Christ to “Be Born in Us.”
- Develop Disciples to Serve: The free Daily Bread blog (http://CofChristDailyBread.wordpress.com) offers a spiritual discipline that also connects us with sisters and brothers around the world and the ecumenical community.
- Experience Congregations in Mission: Local fundraising and a church grant helped Michigan’s Boyne City Congregation come together on its God’s Work Children’s Clothing Pantry and Exchange. It has resulted in holistic mission.
Thank you for your generous giving!
Due to manual reporting by some jurisdictions, actual income may take several months to finalize. Numbers provided are estimates based on reports received.