Posted 16 October 2023
Open until filled
Midlands USA Mission Center
High School Diploma. Prefer college degree with emphasis in religion or social work and/or equivalent experience working with youth and young adults.
Experience in developing, implementing, and sustaining a vibrant youth/young adult program at the congregational or mission center level.
Mission Center Presidents Team Designee
Summary of Position
The Youth/Young Adult Minister will provide support for congregational ministries and mission center ministries to youth and young adults. This may include direct congregational ministry, program development, and mission center ministry. As part of the leadership team, the Youth/Young Adult Minister will be involved in evaluating the needs of youth and young adults in the mission center and facilitating ministry to engage youth and young adults in congregational and mission center life.
- Youth/Young Adult Ministry Development: The minister will be an integral part of a leadership team focused on developing and providing meaningful ministry to mission center and congregational members. They will provide direction and vision while assessing current needs and developing consensus around shared vision, mission, and outcomes.
- Communicate with Youth/Young Adults: Provide consistent communication to keep everyone involved and engaged in mission center activities and other planned events. This may involve managing multiple social media platforms, writing frequent newsletter articles, and interpersonal communication.
- Public Speaking: Provide frequent preaching and teaching ministry in alignment with Community of Christ identity, message, mission, beliefs.
- Ability to Balance Priorities
- Action Oriented
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Organizing and Planning
- Written and Oral Communications
- A Community of Christ ordained minister who is a Priest or a member of the Melchisedec priesthood.
- Leadership Skills
- Building an Effective Team
- Delegates Well
- Ethics and Values
- Scripture/Theological Knowledge
Please note that this job description in not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned when necessary.
Registered Youth Worker/Anti-harassment Training: New employees are required to be a registered youth worker with Community of Christ or be able to register within 30 days of hire date. Anti-harassment training is also required within 30 days of hire and then required annually.