Posted 14 March 2022
Open until filled
Master's Degree - Seminary Preferred
Full Time (40 hours week)
Summary of Position
The mission center president (MCP) is the chief administrative, pastoral, and expansion officer of the church within the mission center and entrusted with the care and direction of the mission center’s congregations. Focuses on strengthening existing congregations and helping them grow while supporting new expressions of mission.
The mission center financial officer (MCFO) is the primary promoter of Disciples’ Generous Response principles and promotes church goals through preaching, teaching and presence in congregations. The MCFO models and promotes healthy life-stewardship as an integral component of discipleship and holds overall responsibility for education and training of Aaronic ministers within the mission center.
- Facilitates participatory planning and the establishment of mission center priorities.
- Supervises mission center staff and coordinates staff team building.
- Oversees the administration of World Church policies and procedures.
- Aligns mission center support ministries with congregational needs and opportunities (see the Bylaws for a listing of basic Mission Center functions).
- Supports new expressions of mission in community that relate to changing contexts.
- Responsible for mission center and congregational assets including developing and monitoring of approved budgets and successful completion of audits.
- Coordinates self-sustaining congregational financial officers.
- World Church representative on campground boards.
- Oversees the management and maintenance of church properties.
- Manages mission center membership records.
- Relates well with others
- Ability to balance priorities
- Integrity and trust
- Motivating others
- Conflict Management
- Leadership Skills
- Ministerial Focus
- Managing Vision and Purpose
Please note that this job description in not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned when necessary.
Registered Youth Worker/Anti-harassment Training: New employees are required to be a registered youth worker with Community of Christ or be able to register within 30 days of hire date. Anti-harassment training is also required within 30 days of hire and then required annually.
Complete a World Church Employee Minister Application to apply for this position.