Posted 5 May 2022
Open until filled
Associate’s degree required; BA degree or paralegal certificate preferred
None required / Prior real estate transactions or corporate filings experience desired; Notary or ability to become a notary
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Summary of Position
Paralegal in the Office of General Counsel (OGC) performs duties associated with the work of the office including but not limited to global real estate matters, corporate filings globally, office organization, file retention/management, management of requests for OGC assistance from church headquarters and local jurisdictions, and administrative support of the OGC.
- Manages and leads global real estate closings of world church and jurisdictional and affiliate properties
- Management of intake requests for OGC assistance from church headquarters and the international and USA fields
- Maintains filing and files management for OGC
- Manages OGC’s responsibilities regarding intra-church loan program
- Maintains church corporate registrations and filings in USA and tracks international registrations and filings
- Collaborates with church leaders on and manages property tax filings and exemptions for church properties in USA
- Communicates with local and church leadership on general requests for OGC support
- Monitors OGC budget and manages office expenses and outside legal fees
- Assists OGC attorneys with litigation and caseload management
- Provides general support of OGC responsibilities for the international church in collaboration with OGC attorneys
- Relates well with others
- Ability to balance priorities
- Decision quality
- Problem solver
- Professional expertise
- Integrity and trust
- Priority setting
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational agility
- Cultural sensitivity
Yes, for volunteers
May provide some supervision of volunteers who handle admin and filing responsibilities for OGC.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned when necessary.
Employee is required to be a registered youth worker with Community of Christ or be able to register within 30 days of hire date. Employee is required to complete anti-harassment training within 30 days of hire.
Complete a World Church Employee Application to apply for this position.