Posted 12 July 2022
Open until filled
Rocky Mountain USA Mission Center
Rocky Mountain USA Mission Center includes 21 congregations meeting in Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska, and New Mexico that seek to embody and live Christ’s transforming love and peace. The landscape is breathtaking, and the people are dedicated, loving, and engaged in multiple ministries that are making a difference in their local communities. Mission center leadership is carried out through a team of full-time, part-time, and volunteer individuals and includes the mission center president, mission center financial officer, mission center invitation support minister, youth minister, administrative support staff, and pastors.
There is a high level of commitment and desire to discern and live Christ’s mission in a changing world. The ideal candidate will be highly relational, organized, innovative, and a good listener. Leaders in the mission center are committed to a leadership team model that provides administrative and pastoral support to enable a significant focus on innovative ministries associated with current congregations and new expressions of Christ-centered community.
This is a challenging and rewarding position in a great location with core group of disciples and leaders ready to move into the future.
Summary of Position
This is the chief mission, administrative, and pastoral officer in the mission center. This position helps strengthen current congregations while cultivating new expressions of Christ-centered community. This position will be supported and augmented by a leadership team of dedicated individuals providing specific project and functional support enabling a significant focus on mission support and innovation.
- In conjunction with leadership team, facilitate colloborative discernment, planning, and execution of focused mission center priorities which birth, nurture, and multiply communities of disciples and seekers engaged in spiritual formation, community-building, and Jesus-inspired compassionate ministry and action.
- Cultivate new expressions of mission in community that relate to changing contexts in existing congregations and new expressions of Christ-centered community.
- Supervise mission center staff, coordinate team building, and effective deployment of staff.
- Oversee the administration of World Church policies and procedures.
- Support pastors and key mission center leaders, providing opportunities for continued nurture, development, and empowerment for mission. Ensure alignment with Community of Christ identity, mission, message, and beliefs.
- Provide basic mission center support functions and ministries (see the Bylaws for a listing of basic Mission Center functions).
- Ministry of Presence. Provides leadership and ministry by investing in relationships of mutuality and trust.
- Possesses high emotional intelligence. Has high level of self-awareness of how one’s words and actions impact individual and group dynamics.
- Deep listener. Values and practices listening as a core discipline of relationship development and discernment.
- Encourager. Helps individuals discover and utilize their giftedness in ministry and leadership.
- Learner/Innovator. Is creative and willing to try new approaches to ministry, reflect and learn from experiences, and continue to experiment incrementally into the future.
- Organization and Planning. Is organized in thought process and approach to addressing needs and opportunities.
- Communications. Communicates clearly and effectively in word and action. Integrates good communication into all other competencies and skills.
Yes, supervises two part-time administrative and communications support staff and mission center financial officer.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned when necessary.
Employee is required to be a registered youth worker with Community of Christ or be able to register within 30 days of hire date. Anti-harassment training will also be required within 30 days of hire and then required annually.
Current employees should submit a letter of interest and resume to Human Resource Ministries.
Outside applicants should complete a World Church Employee Minister Application to apply for this position.