Community of Christ seeks to protect the most vulnerable of our community and promote a safe work environment for all visitor and staff. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, face coverings may be required when you visit. Please be prepared to wear face-coverings when you visit Community of Christ Temple Complex or Historic Sites. Face-coverings may be required or not required based on institutional policy guided by public health information and our community’s values.
If face coverings are required, face coverings must be worn within the building.
Your face-covering must:
- Completely cover the nose and mouth
- Be made with two or more layers of a breathable fabric that is tightly woven (i.e., fabrics that do not let light pass through when held up to a light source)
- Be secured to the head with ties, ear loops, or elastic bands that go behind the head.
The following are exceptions to Community of Christ’s face-covering requirements:
- For a limited time, individuals may remove their face-covering while eating or drinking.
- Individuals may remove their face-covering for identification purposes (for example, for compliance with safety and security requirements).
- Individuals may remove their face-covering when the visibility of the persons’ mouth is important for communicating
- As it relates to language interpretation,
- With the hearing impaired, or
- By performing for or addressing an audience of twelve (12) or more persons in a room or requiring a microphone, or
- By performing or addressing a virtual or online audience. In any of these cases, the individual should put their face-covering back on once finished.