Posted 25 July 2022
Open until 16 September 2022
Pacific Southwest International Mission Center
Bachelor’s degree; seminary degree or willingness to attend Community of Christ Seminary preferred
Five years or more ministerial experience preferred with a minimum of three years; English and Spanish language skills desired.
Denise Leichter, mission center president
Full time (40-plus hours per week)
Summary of Position
The associate mission center president position is a staff member of the Pacific Southwest International Mission Center leadership team and fully funded by the mission center. The associate MCP:
- Works closely with the mission center president and the mission center leadership teams to develop consensus around a shared vision, mission, and outcomes that build on the established foundation.
- Focuses on supporting existing congregations, emerging congregations, or newly planted communities, and ministries throughout the mission center.
- Collaborates with church members and friends to expand the base of participation, create new ministries based on our Enduring Principles, and be attentive for the mentoring of future leadership to support the ministries of the mission center.
- Serves under the supervision of Mission Center President to provide visionary and missional leadership and assists with the administrative support needed by the mission center.
- This position provides focused leadership, ministry, and mission support to an assigned grouping of strategic mission priorities based on needs and opportunities within the mission center.
- Strategic priorities may include focused congregation support, new expressions of Christ-centered community, youth ministry, senior ministry, invitational ministry, campground oversight, and leadership development through teams and council.
- Online requests or in-person travel assignments are through the Mission Center President based on priority needs.
- Works with the Emerging Church Practitioner for focused enhancement of congregational ministries and growth, or congregations in transition for legacy care support.
- Communicates regularly with the mission center through personal outreach, and in collaboration with the mission center communications consultant.
- Ability to foster an invitational environment in the congregation theologically grounded and trained in Community of Christ
- Ability to connect with all ages with excellent written and verbal skills
- Takes initiative, with good follow-through of plans
- Has basic social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter…) and internet technology skills
- Values discernment, cultural diversity, team orientation, communicates well, and empowers others.
- Is receptive and thoughtfully responsive to feedback.
- Has courage to boldly explore new creative spiritual leadership
- Is a visionary and action-oriented innovator through reflection and diverse context for learning, and able to invite others to encounter an ever-emerging and growing community identity.
- Exhibits self-awareness, empathy, and a high level of emotional intelligence and composure.
Travel required within the mission center
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned when necessary.
Registered Youth Worker/Anti-harassment Training: New employees are required to be a registered youth worker with Community of Christ or be able to register within 30 days of hire date. Anti-harassment training is also required within 30 days of hire and then required annually.
Send cover letter and resume to Denise Leichter.