Community of Christ's mission statement is: We proclaim Jesus Christ and promote communities of joy, hope, love, and peace. The ministry of child protection ensures the safety of children in our care, justice for abusers (perpetrators), and the building of communities of blessing.
In this context our mission is to share the peace of Jesus Christ in all dimensions, acknowledging each person's worth and dignity.
Child/Youth Worker Registration
- Application form (DOC)
- Guidance for completing applications
- Checklist for Mission Centers (DOC)
- Questions for the interviewer to ask the references
Child Protection Training
- Core training (PPT) and accompanying activity sheet (DOC)
- PowerPoint presentations are available on request for:
Questions? Contact Coordinator Karen Waring.
Additional ministry steps
- International child protection
- Camp staff age
- Priesthood as registered youth workers
- Privacy Code of Conduct
- Social Media Code of Conduct for Registered Children and Youth Worker
- Campground Employees and families as Registered Children and Youth Workers
- Responsibilities of Registered Children and Youth Worker Assistant
- Preparing for a supervised participation plan
- Special circumstances meetings checklist