Community of Christ's mission statement is: We proclaim Jesus Christ and promote communities of joy, hope, love, and peace. The ministry of child protection ensures the safety of children in our care, justice for abusers (perpetrators), and the building of communities of blessing.
In this context our mission is to share the peace of Jesus Christ in all dimensions, acknowledging each person's worth and dignity.
Children and Youth Worker Registration
- Application form (DOC)
- Guidance for completing applications
- Checklist for Mission Centers (DOC)
- Questions for the interviewer to ask the references
Please note: the PowerPoint presentation linked above is intended for informational purposes only. For copyright reasons we are unable to make the whole course available via the website. Please contact your Mission Center for the 'Core Training pack, which contains a disc of the Child Protection Coordinator teaching this course, a downloadable PowerPoint presentation, script and additional materials with permissions. Please contact Karen Waring 816/833 1000 ext. 2220 for more information.
- PowerPoint presentations are available on request for:
Questions? Contact Coordinator Karen Waring.
- International child protection
- Camp staff age
- Priesthood as registered children and youth workers
- Privacy Code of Conduct
- Social Media Code of Conduct for Registered Children and Youth Worker
- Campground Employees and families as Registered Children and Youth Workers
- Responsibilities of Registered Children and Youth Worker Assistant
- RCYW Status: Revocation and Temporary-suspension Guidance
- Preparing for a supervised participation plan
- Special cirumstances